EMPLOYMENT AT BULL RUN
The Bull Run Restaurant seeks a Function Captain for our busy season ahead! The Function Captain (FC) works closely under the supervision of our Banquet Sales Manager (BSM). While the Banquet Sales Manager exclusively handles all weddings, anniversaries & large corporate events, the Function Captain oversees functions and events in all other categories, including:
• Bridal Showers
• Baby Showers
• Rehearsal Dinners
• Class Reunions
• Family functions
• Holiday Parties
• Birthday events
• Coordinate weekly with the BSM to be responsible for all upcoming bookings.
• Coordinate weekly with Executive Chef for upcoming bookings
• Understand the operational needs of all departments within the company including office/accounting, bar, kitchen, housekeeping & marketing in relation to functions
• Oversee events from arrival to reset including room set up & breakdown
• Confidently interact on site with clients
• Act as point person with outside event vendors such as florists, musicians, etc. • Be visible and work side-by-side with staff while overseeing service during event
• Keep supervisors fully informed of any problems or matters requiring attention • Maintain pricing integrity as outlined in contracts
• Adhere to & understand information on the Google calendar as necessary
• Understand and execute set up & capabilities for each function room
• Understand and execute audio/visual & music capabilities for each room
• Be available primarily on weekends but flexibility is necessary
as all functions are a minimum of 4 hours. Some functions may require longer hours or weekday service. Some months there may be multiple functions in one day.
• Exert up to 25 pounds in lifting, carrying, or otherwise transporting dishes and glassware, trays, supplies, chairs or tables as necessary.
• Maintain a warm & friendly demeanor in keeping with Bull Run’s “Boots Off Comfort” philosophy while interacting with clients, staff & management.
• Maintain a professional approach at all times while dealing with clients, staff & management.
• Maintain appropriate dress for functions & service per Bull Run guidelines.
• Must be able to multi-task. • Maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
• Have previous function, restaurant and/or event experience.
This is the perfect job for anyone who loves hospitality and requires flexibility in their weekly schedule! You will work an average of 12 – 15 hours per week, and a conservative guarantee of your compensation is that you will make $25k in a one-year period working those part time hours. The expectation is that you will build on this with repeat and new business in coordination with the BSM. Compensation is a combination of an hourly wage plus guaranteed function gratuity on current, existing business. Management will provide you with an analysis of your guaranteed expected income in year one and a projection for year two that is based on actual sales numbers from the previous two (pre-Covid) years.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume outlining your hospitality experience to email@example.com.
It is imperative that you have relevant restaurant/hospitality experience. Qualified candidates ONLY will be contacted for interviews with an expected start date of July 1, 2021.
ABOUT THE BULL RUN RESTAURANT The Bull Run is a full service,
farm-to-table restaurant, function venue, concert hall and catering facility located at 215 Great Road in Shirley, MA. Housed in an historic building with origins that date to 1740, our restaurant features seven dining and function rooms, five with private bars, as well as two patios and a covered bridge on which we do multiple functions per season.
FOR MORE DETAILED INFO: https://www.bullrunrestaurant.com/
EVENING KITCHEN LINE TALENT
The Bull Run seeks a candidate who has a passion for cooking to join our kitchen line. If you have talent, the ability to learn from Chef, and some experience, you may be the right candidate to come on board at our busy farm-to-table restaurant, concert hall, catering & function venue. Evening hours, weekends. Minimum $17/hour to start.
To apply, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org