EMPLOYMENT AT BULL RUN
To apply for kitchen jobs, just stop by Wed - Sat between 11am & 4pm. To apply for front of house jobs, please send
a description of your relevant experience with contact info to: email@example.com
CONCERT BARTENDER - must have experience
Do you love live music, easy hours and guaranteed extra cash? This is the job for you! The Bull Run Restaurant seeks a Concert Bartender for our legendary live music and comedy series. Our Concert Series is in full swing, year round. We need a dedicated, EXPERIENCED bartender for show nights. Flexible schedule with mostly weekend shows but some weeknights, depending on our lineup. No daytime or holiday hours and all shows are wrapped up by 11PM at the very latest on weekends, 10:30PM on weeknights. We are open Wednesday through Sunday only. Hourly rate, plus a house guaranteed gratuity for every show. Check out our entertainment lineup on our website to see the shows you will enjoy while working and making a guaranteed amount of money!
To apply, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Kitchen Assistant - some kitchen experience preferred
Break in to the culinary field! The Bull Run Restaurant, Concert Hall & Function Venue located in Shirley, MA seeks a Kitchen Assistant to join our busy Prep Team. No experience necessary - we'll train you across the board in all aspects of culinary work. You'll start out assisting our Sous Chef and Executive Chef in daily prep which includes everything from running the dish machine to cleaning, cutting & prepping on a daily basis. This is a job where you learn how a kitchen runs. Day time hours are generally Wed - Sat but flexible. We are closed on Mondays & Tuesdays. We are looking for a dedicated all around assistant to be part of our daily team. Minimum: $16 up to $17 per hour. Immediate hire.
Function Captain - must have hospitality experience
The Bull Run Restaurant seeks a Function Captain for our busy season ahead! The Function Captain (FC) works closely under the supervision of our Banquet Sales Manager (BSM). While the Banquet Sales Manager exclusively handles all weddings, anniversaries & large corporate events, the Function Captain oversees functions and events in all other categories, including:
• Bridal Showers, Baby Showers, Rehearsal Dinners, Class Reunions
• Family functions, Memorials, Holiday Parties, Fundraisers, Birthdays
• Coordinate weekly with the BSM to be responsible for all upcoming bookings.
• Coordinate weekly with Executive Chef for upcoming bookings
• Understand the operational needs of all departments within the company including office/accounting, bar, kitchen, housekeeping & marketing in relation to functions
• Oversee events from arrival to reset including room set up & breakdown
• Confidently interact on site with clients
• Act as point person with outside event vendors such as florists, musicians, etc. • Be visible and work side-by-side with staff while overseeing service during event
• Keep supervisors fully informed of any problems or matters requiring attention • Maintain pricing integrity as outlined in contracts
• Adhere to & understand information on the Google calendar as necessary
• Understand and execute set up & capabilities for each function room
• Understand and execute audio/visual & music capabilities for each room
• Be available primarily on weekends but flexibility is necessary
as all functions are a minimum of 4 hours. Some functions may require longer hours or weekday service. Some months there may be multiple functions in one day.
• Exert up to 25 pounds in lifting, carrying, or otherwise transporting dishes and glassware, trays, supplies, chairs or tables as necessary.
• Maintain a warm & friendly demeanor in keeping with Bull Run’s “Boots Off Comfort” philosophy while interacting with clients, staff & management.
• Maintain a professional approach at all times while dealing with clients, staff & management.
• Maintain appropriate dress for functions & service per Bull Run guidelines.
• Must be able to multi-task. • Maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
• Have previous function, restaurant and/or event experience.
This is the perfect job for anyone who loves hospitality and requires flexibility in their weekly schedule! You will work an average of 12 – 15 hours per week, and a conservative guarantee of your compensation is that you will make $30k PART TIME GUARANTEED working 12 -15 hrs/week.
Compensation is a combination of an hourly wage plus guaranteed function gratuity on current, existing business. Management will provide you with an analysis of your guaranteed expected income in year one and a projection for year two that is based on actual sales numbers from the previous two (pre-Covid) years.
You must submit a cover letter with your resume outlining your hospitality experience to email@example.com.
You must have relevant restaurant/hospitality experience.
Qualified candidates ONLY will be contacted for interviews.
Kitchen Line Cook - some kitchen experience necessary
The Bull Run seeks a candidate who has a passion for cooking to join our kitchen line. If you have talent, the ability to learn from Chef, and some experience, you may be the right candidate to come on board at our busy farm-to-table restaurant, concert hall, catering & function venue. Evening hours, weekends. Minimum $18/hour to start WITH EXPERIENCE. This position is part time, evenings, including weekends with the opportunity to grow. Immediate hire.
To apply, stop in and ask for Chef or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dishwasher - no experience required
Are you looking for work but don't have much experience? The Bull Run is seeking dishwashers for Wed - Sun pm shifts.
Minimum age requirements. No experience necessary. $16/hour
To apply, stop by the restaurant between 11AM & 3PM any Wednesday through Friday. Ask for Chef Stephen & fill out an application on site. Immediate hire.
Concert Floor/Stage Manager -
thank you, this position has been filled!