EMPLOYMENT AT BULL RUN
The Bull Run Restaurant seeks a Function Captain for our busy season ahead! The Function Captain (FC) works closely under the supervision of our Banquet Sales Manager (BSM). While the Banquet Sales Manager exclusively handles all weddings, anniversaries & large corporate events, the Function Captain oversees functions and events in all other categories, including:
• Bridal Showers
• Baby Showers
• Rehearsal Dinners
• Class Reunions
• Family functions
• Holiday Parties
• Birthday events
• Coordinate weekly with the BSM to be responsible for all upcoming bookings.
• Coordinate weekly with Executive Chef for upcoming bookings
• Understand the operational needs of all departments within the company including office/accounting, bar, kitchen, housekeeping & marketing in relation to functions
• Oversee events from arrival to reset including room set up & breakdown
• Confidently interact on site with clients
• Act as point person with outside event vendors such as florists, musicians, etc. • Be visible and work side-by-side with staff while overseeing service during event
• Keep supervisors fully informed of any problems or matters requiring attention • Maintain pricing integrity as outlined in contracts
• Adhere to & understand information on the Google calendar as necessary
• Understand and execute set up & capabilities for each function room
• Understand and execute audio/visual & music capabilities for each room
• Be available primarily on weekends but flexibility is necessary
as all functions are a minimum of 4 hours. Some functions may require longer hours or weekday service. Some months there may be multiple functions in one day.
• Exert up to 25 pounds in lifting, carrying, or otherwise transporting dishes and glassware, trays, supplies, chairs or tables as necessary.
• Maintain a warm & friendly demeanor in keeping with Bull Run’s “Boots Off Comfort” philosophy while interacting with clients, staff & management.
• Maintain a professional approach at all times while dealing with clients, staff & management.
• Maintain appropriate dress for functions & service per Bull Run guidelines.
• Must be able to multi-task. • Maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
• Have previous function, restaurant and/or event experience.
This is the perfect job for anyone who loves hospitality and requires flexibility in their weekly schedule! You will work an average of 12 – 15 hours per week, and a conservative guarantee of your compensation is that you will make $25k in a one-year period working those part time hours. The expectation is that you will build on this with repeat and new business in coordination with the BSM. Compensation is a combination of an hourly wage plus guaranteed function gratuity on current, existing business. Management will provide you with an analysis of your guaranteed expected income in year one and a projection for year two that is based on actual sales numbers from the previous two (pre-Covid) years.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume outlining your hospitality experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is imperative that you have relevant restaurant/hospitality experience. Qualified candidates ONLY will be contacted for interviews with an expected start date of July 15, 2021.
Kitchen Line Cook
The Bull Run seeks a candidate who has a passion for cooking to join our kitchen line. If you have talent, the ability to learn from Chef, and some experience, you may be the right candidate to come on board at our busy farm-to-table restaurant, concert hall, catering & function venue. Evening hours, weekends. Minimum $18/hour to start up. This position is part time, evenings, including weekends with the opportunity to grow.
Are you home for the summer & looking for work but don't have much experience? The Bull Run is seeking dishwashers for Wed - Sun pm shifts.
Minimum age requirements. No experience necessary.
To apply, stop by the restaurant between 11AM & 3PM any Wednesday through Friday. Ask for Chef Stephen & fill out an application on site.
Concert Floor/Stage Manager
The Bull Run Restaurant seeks the right match to ensure a perfect evening for our busy Concert Series. This is a plum job for the right leader who is organized, understands customer service and loves live music!
The Floor Manager responsibilities include:
Ensure room is set & ready for doors open
Be physically present on the floor to monitor all activity
Ensure a pleasant dining & listening experience for customers
Oversee wait & bar staff side work & sales efforts
Conduct regular “pre-shift” meetings with all concert staff
Conduct regular concert staff training sessions
Communicate with Chef/kitchen staff for smooth and timely service
Resolve any customer issues as needed
Ensure room is set and ready for next event
In addition, the Floor Manager will:
Act as the key contact in welcoming performers
Personally handle food, beverage & green room service for all performers
Be responsible for settling up with performers at end of night
Hours are flexible and almost always evenings depending on show schedule, but generally not less than 3 nights per week from 4:30 PM – 11 PM.
Compensation is a package that includes a generous hourly rate & admin fee for every show based on ticket sales.
The right candidate will be mature but energetic, personable, presentable, a leader to staff, good with numbers, open to all genres of music and have the ability to inspire a well-organized team for a seamless experience to customers and talent alike. Attention to detail is critical.